29 May 2012

My Top 10 Mario Music



As I said last week I would post my top 10 favourite Mario tracks so here they are.

The only rule I put on this is that I could only pick one song per game, so if I wanted to add Dire Dire Docks from Mario 64 I also couldn't add Bowsers Road.

Also this is my own personal favourite list. Don't agree? Post YOUR favourites.

Got it? Good.

Now on with the music!!!

10. Super Smash Bros. Melee - Menu 1


We start off with a great track from the 2nd Nintendo All-Stars fighting game. The opening part of this is great as a ringtone!

9. Mario World - Ragtime Theme


When I think Mario World this is what springs to mind. Great original tune for the 16 bit iteration.

8. Mario 3 - Athletic


Listening to this you can just imagine running through the Mushroom Kingdom in a Raccoon costume.
There's a great version in Mario Galaxy too, in the Mario plays with his balls levels.

7. Mario 64 - Dire, Dire Docks


Most people listen to the calm wave of the ocean to soothe and relax. This has a similiar effect on me and other gamers.

6. Dr. Mario with Lyrics


The original Dr Mario tune now with lyrics thought up by the awesome Brental floss. You should check out his Youtube channel for more great videogame songs.

5. Mario Sunshine - Platforms A Plenty


I had to pick the original Mario theme in this top 10 and I think this is the best version. This is played in the pretty hard levels where they take away F.L.U.D.D. and it's pure platforming pleasure!

4. Super Mario Land Rap!


The first time I heard this on the 1up oddcast I couldn't get enough of it, and that was just a 30 second excerpt, then I saw it with the video and it had me ROFLing all over the place!

3. Yoshi's Island - Castle Fortress


Yoshi's Island is one of my favourite videogames of all time and I love just how atmospheric this is.

2. Jelly Fish - Ignorance is Bliss


From the awesome band Jellyfish. I was first introduced to this when my brother bought "The Ghost At Number One" single and this was one of the bonus tracks and I've loved it ever since.

1. Mario Galaxy - Gusty Garden


The first time I came across this level in Mario Galaxy I was just blown away by it. An utterly breathtaking track.

Come back next week for another top 10!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...